Question/Need help -
I just ran across triggercmd (WOW - great service) and subscribed for a year; however, I have found a very challenging issue. It goes like this :
Goal: Use my Alexa service to control my itunes application on a remote PC that is connected to my home audio system. Basically I want to trigger things like next track, previous, pause, volume up/down, etc from my echo DOT (I know I can control via my iphone using itunes remote but I want to use Alexa).
Situation: I have it working with triggercmd and AHT; however, when I disconnect my console (via RDP) my AHT commands don't work - they do fire and log correctly, but they don't do next track, previous, etc. Here are the details:
- I have a music server that I use to play my music via itunes
- It is a windows 7 32bit OS (I know, old machine but it works), so I used the manual install of triggercmd (worked fine) and also installed AHT
- I have the setup working perfectly when I have am RDP'd into the windows 7 machine; however, when I minimize or close the console window the command fires but takes no action.
- What I have noticed is that either via Alexa or the web triggercmd screen commands via AHT (next, previous, etc) only work when the RDP window is open and showing (minimized fails as well)
- Strange part is I kept the default triggers like calc and notepad and they work perfectly at all times - even when my RDP session is disconnected. This is the STRANGE part
So, basically unless my RDP window is up my AHT commands for next, previous, etc won't work even though the the log shows they fire fine.
Any thoughts??? Also, let me know if you need configs, etc.