X10 devices with Alexa TRIGGERcmd Smart Home skill
Bubba did a great job explaining the process in his videos, but here's a summary of the process for X10 users:
- Plug one of these into your PC’s USB port.
- Install and run this software (do not change the port from 6003 to 8086).
- Setup an X10 switch as A3.
- Create a TRIGGERcmd account
- Install the TRIGGERcmd agent (bottom of the page)
- Install curl for Windows
- Create a batch file with these contents:
if "%1"=="on" curl http://127.0.0.1:8086/?x10command=DEVICE~sendplc~%%22A3%%20on%%22 if "%1"=="off" curl http://127.0.0.1:8086/?x10command=DEVICE~sendplc~%%22A3%%20off%%22
- Use the TRIGGERcmd agent software to create a TRIGGERcmd command that runs the batch file,
a. Enable parameters (for on and off parameter).
b. Fill in the Voice field with “kitchen lights” or something similar depending on what the A3 switch is for.
- Link the Alexa TRIGGERcmd Smart Home skill to your TRIGGERcmd account.
- Use the Alexa Web app to Discover devices.
- Say, “Alexa, turn on kitchen lights.”
- Say, “Alexa, turn off kitchen lights.”
Also, here's a video on the new Alexa TRIGGERcmd Smart Home skill.