Using on Debian Buster

• Hello,

I have the trigger default for open gedit, i have tested and i can run it from triggercmd app at iOS, but when i do a routine inside alexa app, the alexa cant identify the task for Gnome Editor. I just can add a skill TriggerCMD, but inside it when i add it, nothing is identified.

Anybody can help me? I just wanna test for later i buy full version.
    Best Regards!

• Just for make my case more detailed.

I cant found my triggers on smart home things.

The application at linux, dont open, i just can set my token, after that no any interaction is possible.

• @kaligora, to find triggers under Smart Home - Devices in the Alexa app, or at https://alexa.amazon.com, you need to enable the TRIGGERcmd Smart Home Alexa skill, (not the original skill).

Also your commands need to have something in the Voice field.

ed4e7271-5bac-477b-8bc1-b3d770632dda-image.png

In the default Linux commands, you'll see the Voice word for the Gnome Editor is edit.

• Thanks for the fast asnwer, but i cant see a list or anything that i can add the new triggers, cause always when i try triggercmdagent at command line the error is:

root@matrix:/home/igora# triggercmdagent
    No protocol specified

(triggercmdagent:12474): Gtk-WARNING **: 18:19:40.141: cannot open display: :0

Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/default.target.wants/triggercmdagent.service → /etc/systemd/system/triggercmdagent.service.
    ● triggercmdagent.service - TRIGGERcmd Agent
       Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/triggercmdagent.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
       Active: active (running) since Wed 2020-10-21 17:38:19 -03; 162ms ago
     Main PID: 7135 (node)
        Tasks: 6 (limit: 4915)
       Memory: 4.4M
       CGroup: /system.slice/triggercmdagent.service
               └─7135 node /usr/lib/triggercmdagent/resources/app/src/daemon.js --run /root/.TRIGGERcmdData

out 21 17:38:19 matrix systemd[1]: Started TRIGGERcmd Agent.

The daemon is running fine, but i cant add new triggers in it, how i can add it in command line, is that possible?

Best Regards!

• @kaligora said in Using on Debian Buster:

/root/.TRIGGERcmdData

I see you're not running X-Windows, or you're ssh'ed into your Linux box, so you can't run triggercmdagent because that would try to run the X-Windows GUI agent app.

I see you installed it to run as a background agent though. That's good. You can edit your commands in /root/.TRIGGERcmdData/commands.json. Make sure they have "ground": "background" because the agent running in systemd runs in background mode.

You can run one of these commands to edit that file:

sudo vi /root/.TRIGGERcmdData/commands.json
    sudo pico /root/.TRIGGERcmdData/commands.json
    sudo nano /root/.TRIGGERcmdData/commands.json