Alexa trouble for UK and German skills - already fixed for US customers

• administrators

This problem does not affect Google Assistant, which is what I've been using lately, so I'm sorry it took me so long to realize this is a serious problem. I switched back to AMAZON.LITERAL for US customers, so Alexa is working great for them.

You can see here it's a problem for a lot of developers:
    https://forums.developer.amazon.com/questions/50740/there-is-a-growing-gap-between-what-a-us-dev-can-d.html

I submitted this "feature request" that has the details about the Alexa problem:

PLEASE bring AMAZON.LITERAL to UK and German skills
    Will you PLEASE bring AMAZON.LITERAL to UK and German skills? It works so much better with my TRIGGERcmd skill.
    Thank you so much for bringing back AMAZON.LITERAL to US skills. My skill depends on it, so my UK and German customers are suffering.

The advice at this site does NOT work for my skill.
    https://developer.amazon.com/blogs/post/Tx3IHSFQSUF3RQP/why-a-custom-slot-is-the-literal-solution

It suggests using many random words to confuse Alexa's NLP, but those words are too suggestive. I want to be able to say "Betsy" but if I have "Betty" in my custom slot, there's no way Alexa will hear "Betsy".
    Also, the custom slot requirement made it very difficult to pass certification because I had to make every combination of each slot value work, so I had to add all of that data to the account Alexa uses to test the skill.

For easy reference, this is where I saw the notice that AMAZON.LITERAL is back for US skills: https://developer.amazon.com/public/solutions/alexa/alexa-skills-kit/docs/migrating-to-the-improved-built-in-and-custom-slot-types#literal

"Note: Based on developer feedback, the AMAZON.LITERAL slot is not being removed as previously described. You can continue to submit new and updated English (US) skills with AMAZON.LITERAL. However, in many cases, custom slot types provide better accuracy than AMAZON.LITERAL, so we recommend that you consider migrating to custom slot types as described here if possible.
    English (UK) and German skills do not support AMAZON.LITERAL and cannot use the AMAZON.LITERAL slot type."

In the meantime, the UK and German Alexa skills will understand these words best:

Computer voice words:
    Familie
    unten
    büro pc
    der computer
    anzeige
    sicherheit
    haus
    mein pc
    hauptrechner
    mein computer
    rot
    spiel
    eins
    haus computer
    büro computer
    arbeit computer
    mein laptop
    kalender
    fernseher
    büro eins
    büro zwei
    büro
    raspberry pi
    family
    downstairs
    macbook
    mac
    pc
    computer
    skippy
    office pc
    the computer
    laptop
    desktop
    display
    security
    tablet
    home
    my pc
    legacy two
    main computer
    my computer
    red
    game
    amy pc
    one
    windows 7 pc
    home computer
    office computer
    work computer
    windows computer
    my laptop
    windows
    garage
    calendar
    tv
    office one
    office two
    office

Command voice words:
    reboot
    calculator
    notepad
    pause
    mute
    volumeup
    volumedown
    play
    shutdown
    scalaplayer
    fluidsim
    back
    next
    previous
    disengage
    engage
    update
    financereport
    rebooten
    kalkulator
    notizblock
    dämpfen
    lautstärkeerhöhen
    lautstärkerunter
    abspielen
    herunterfahren
    zurücksetzen
    neben
    bisherige
    ausrücken
    einlegen
    aktualisieren
    finanzbericht
    taschenrechner

Looks like your connection to TRIGGERcmd Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.