Can you feed back information to Alexa

• Hello

Can you feed back information to Alexa?

For excample I could pick up a value from my linux box and I want Alexa to tell me.

for excample:

1. Alexa - what is the Temo
    2. run script which retrieves a sensor value
    3. Alexa tell me the value

Best regards
    Stefan

• administrators

@snantz, this is the second request for something like this. I've been thinking about how I would implement that.

I'm thinking I could give an option you could enable on each command to tell Alexa or Google Assistant to wait a few seconds for a response from the computer. If the computer sends a response, then Alexa or Google Assistant would speak the text in the response. I'm thinking the response could be sent with a curl or tcmd command.

What do you think?

• @Russ, How would I tell alexa to wait for and out put? Or does it by itself?

• administrators

@snantz, I haven't added that voice response feature yet, but when I do, this is how it will work:

If you put {{result}} in the Voice Reply field of your command (like this), Alexa or Google Assistant will wait up to 5 seconds for a result to be sent from the computer, and include it in the voice response.

If you upgrade to the latest version of the agent (as of 1/6/19), you'll now find a new sendresult.bat or sendresult.sh file depending on your computer's operating system. You can send the result of your triggered script by adding this to the end of it:

Windows:

%USERPROFILE%\.TRIGGERcmdData\sendresult.bat "My command result"

Linux or Mac:

sh ~\.TRIGGERcmdData\sendresult.sh "My command result"

Today the sendresult script just logs your result in the command's Runs list, but this is the ground-work for this voice feed back feature you asked for.

Looks like your connection to TRIGGERcmd Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.