Trigger commands with a Tasker HTTP Post action

• administrators

Tasker is an application for Android which performs tasks (sets of actions) based on contexts (application, time, date, location, event, gesture) in user-defined profiles or in clickable or timer home screen widgets.

Now you can create a tasker action that runs a command on your computer via TRIGGERcmd. Here's how:

In Tasker, under the Tasks tab, tap the + button to add a Task, then give it a name like "Playlist on Family"
    Tap the + button in the Task Edit screen to add an Action to your task.
    Select "Net", then "HTTP Post", then configure them as these screenshots show.

Server:Port: https://www.triggercmd.com
    Path: api/Tasker?trigger=Calculator&computer=Downstairs
    Data/File: token=(your token from the Instructions page)
    Content Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded

Make sure you don't have a carriage return between "token=" and your token from the Instructions page. I made that mistake and it took a while to figure out what I'd done wrong.

I emailed my token to myself so I could copy/paste it on my Android.

Tasker lets you export an action as an Android app, so now I can tap an icon on my Android desktop that opens my garage. That's pretty sweet. :cartwheel_tone1: :cartwheel_tone5: :cartwheel_tone1: :cartwheel_tone5: :cartwheel_tone1: :cartwheel_tone5:

EDIT 9/4/17: Now you can add &params=(your command parameters) to your Path or your Data/File field to pass Tasker variables as command parameters. You have to enable parameters on your commands first.

TaskerSettings

ContentType

Looks like your connection to TRIGGERcmd Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.