TriggerCMD not supported on this device.

• So this is something that has been happening for a while. I have 2014 & 2016 pioneer stereos in my work van and Explorer. They both have a function I can press to activate Google Assistant. A few months back I was able to activate Assistant via my stereo and say "Return On" which is the routine I made for TriggerCMD to turn on my X10 outside lights and a couple lights inside my home before I came home that had been working great since 12/2017 when I found TriggerCMD. Lately when I do this it responds "TriggerCMD is not supported on this device" thru the stereo. I have the Pixel 2 XL and can give it a squeeze on it's "active edge" in the car holder to activate the Assistant and perform the operation but I was just wondering if anyone knows why it no longer works hands free thru the car stereo anymore? I just got so use to being able to not have to touch my phone to do this I was wonder what happened and why it changed... Is Google trying to force me to upgrade to a car stereo that has Android Auto?

• administrators

@tim-s, your theory seems reasonable. I was sad to find out Google blocks most skills on their watches too. It's frustrating.

Looks like your connection to TRIGGERcmd Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.